- Charity No. 1072322
- 01225 312 481
Off the Record provides a range of FREE, CONFIDENTIAL and INDEPENDENT services for children and young people that support the development of their emotional health and well-being.
Children and Young People can easily access our services and find someone to listen to them, understand and help them to find their own way to improve their emotional heath and well-being. We also promote and support children and young people informing and improving services that impact on their lives.
Our service empowers children and young people to make informed choices in order to increase their well-being and independence. We provide the means by which children and young people resolve issues and thereby have the opportunity to reach their goals and influence change.
Our approach is based on the following principles:
• Children and Young People centered
• Championing good practice
• Working in partnership with other agencies.
We do this by:
• Investing in the potential and capacity of children and young people
• Delivering a range of high performing and high quality confidential and independent support services
• Providing information, activities and opportunities for participation, support, advocacy and guidance
• Involving volunteers.
Children and young people come to us with a range of issues – click here for examples.
As a result of our work, children and young people:
• Develop their ability to solve their own problems
• Develop a range of coping strategies to deal with the complexities of their lives
• Are better able to engage in education and employment
• Increase their aspirations for their future
• Contribute to improving the services they use and the plans which impact on their lives.
We work with children and young people in a range of places. These include community venues, places where children and young people live, hang out, and/or go to school as well as our own premises in Bath, Keynsham and Midsomer Norton.
If you are a child or young person and want information or support, or you are an adult who wants to refer a child or young person, then please contact the team.
We are a charity and registered company limited by guarantee which has been supporting children and young people since 1994. Up to now the focus of our work has been Bath and North East Somerset.
Charity No. 1072322